*As Featured by Hong Kong Tourism Board*
Sha Tin & Tai Po Tour: Discovering the Hong Kong Spirit
During this 10000 Buddhas and Tai Po Market Tour, we highlight to you what it means to have true Hong Kong fighting spirit. Are you ready to see Hong Kong from the eyes of locals?
Right at the start of the tour, we head uphill to visit 10000 Buddhas Monastery, where you will be greeted by at least 12,800 Buddha statues. This unique monastery is the brainchild of venerable Reverend Yuet Kai, whom even in his 70s, carried building materials up to the monastery personally by hand!
Thereafter, take a short ride on Hong Kong’s most efficient transportation system – MTR – and head to Tai Po Market. You’ll have the chance to sample a special local snack and witness how such a food market keeps the community spirit alive. Next, explore Tai Po neighbourhood where you’ll hear about various initiatives undertaken by residents to promote a greener environment.
Last but not least, we delve deep into Tai Po’s heritage by sharing fascinating stories of the Tang and Man clans at Man Mo Temple and Kwong Fuk Bridge. By the end of the tour, you will have an in-depth understanding of how unity and loyalty played a big part in Hong Kong history!
Hong Kong 10000 Buddhas & Tai Po Market Tour Details
When: Mondays & Tuesdays only
Tour Duration: 10am to 2pm
Meeting Place: Sha Tin MTR Station, Exit B
Tour Ends at: Tai Wo MTR Station
Language: English only
Maximum Capacity: 8 participants only
*This small-group tour requires a minimum of 4 participants to go.
Tour Price: HK$750 per participant, inclusive of a complimentary local snack and drink
- The tour price does not include public transportation. Please expect to spend around HK$10 on the MTR.
- This tour does not include nor stop for lunch. Hence we advise you to have a good breakfast before turning up for the tour.
- Please note that this tour involves walking (approximately 5km or 3.1 miles) and taking the MTR. In addition, the visit to 10000 Buddhas will involve a steep climb of 400+ steps before heading back downhill. As such, if you have any mobility issue, this tour is not suitable for you.
Book Hong Kong 10000 Buddhas & Tai Po Market Tour
- Firstly, contact us via this Booking Form.
- Next, please keep a lookout for our email. We will get back to you on the availability within 24 hours.
- In the meanwhile, please make sure that you have read and accepted our Terms and Conditions.
- To complete your Hong Kong 10000 Buddhas & Tai Po Market Tour booking, you need to make a full payment. We will send you a PayPal invoice, where you can pay securely online either by credit cards or your PayPal account balance.
- Thereafter, once payment is made, your Hong Kong 10000 Buddhas & Tai Po Market Tour is confirmed.
- Finally, sit back, relax and look forward to the day of your Hong Kong 10000 Buddhas & Tai Po Market Tour!
Have a question for us? Here are our answers to a list of frequently asked questions: FAQ. You can also check out our Blog (free tips on Hong Kong!) as well as read about our customers’ reviews on TripAdvisor. We hope these may help to address some of your questions regarding your tour. Otherwise, please drop us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible!